Registration and Entry Fees
Registration is closed.
Registration has closed for the 2023 Christmas Parade. If you are still interested in being part of the Christmas Parade, please email [email protected] your information.
Fredericksburg Christmas Parade Entry Fees:
- Free – Marching Bands
- $50 – School Sponsored, Veterans Groups and First Responders
- $175 – Non Profit Organizations- must show proof of Non-profit by a currently a copy of the 501(c)3 designation letter or any other IRS Document.
- $250 – Commercial / For Profit Organizations / Individuals
- STEP 1: Read the Parade FAQ’s below
- STEP 2: Read the Rules and Regulations (click here)
- STEP 3: Complete the registration form, indicating that you have read and accept the rules and regulations.
- STEP 4: Payment is due with registration.
PAYMENTS: You will receive an invoice after you complete the registration form. Your registration is not final until payment is received.
PARADE ENTRANT MEETING: There will be a parade meeting on Monday, November 13, 2023 at 7:30 pm at the Dorothy Hart Community Center. It is strongly recommended that all entries have at least one representative at this meeting. Parade officials will review all procedures, requirements and parade line up at this time, and this meeting is the best way to make sure you have the correct information.
1. How do I register to have a float/group in the parade?
To have a float/group in the parade you need to fill out the entry form. There is a maximum of 80 entries accepted into the parade. Registrations will be accepted until the maximum is reached or until the registration deadline, whichever comes first.
All entry fees are non-refundable so please carefully check your schedule to ensure you are able to participate before signing up. Payment must be received within 7 days of submitting the entry form and registration is not final until payment is received. If payment is not received you will forfeit your spot. Please make sure you read all of the rules and regulations PRIOR to signing up.
2. When is the mandatory parade meeting?
There will be a parade meeting on Monday, November 13, 2023 at 7:30 pm at the Dorothy Hart Community Center. It is strongly recommended that all entries have at least one representative at this meeting. Parade officials will review all procedures, requirements and parade line up at this time, and this meeting is the best way to make sure you have the correct information.
3. Is there a theme for this year’s parade?
The 2023 theme is “Christmas Under the Sea.” Have fun and get creative!
4. How can I be a vendor at the parade? For safety reasons, the City of Fredericksburg has prohibited vendors within the parade footprint during the Fredericksburg Christmas Parade. No one is permitted to set up on the sidewalks nor on the streets anywhere in the parade footprint on parade day between the hours of 3:30pm – 9:00pm.
5. In case of bad weather, is the parade canceled? Will I get a refund? What is the cancelation policy?
The parade will be held rain, snow or shine. However, in the event of extreme weather and safety concerns City Police and Fire may require cancelation. There will be no postponement or rescheduling of the parade.
Your parade entry fee is non-refundable even in the event of a cancelation.
Please register for notifications for Fredericksburg Alert so that you receive weather related alerts and updates regarding the parade. Individual phone calls with updates will not be made.
6. I have participated in this Christmas parade before, do I have to attend the mandatory parade participant meeting in November?
The meeting is mandatory for everyone even if you have participated in the past. A representative from each organization must be present. Failure to attend will forfeit your spot in the parade. No exceptions.
7. Where is parking for the parade?
First and foremost, we cannot stress enough how important carpooling is. We recommend if you are participating in the parade that you park at Dixon Park, Old Mill or Dorothy Hart Community Center and arrive to the lineup area as a group. Please obey all traffic laws. Street parking and City public parking lots are available on a first come, first served basis.
Make sure you obey all posted signage and restrictions and do not block any driveways or alleys. Please do not park in any private parking lots unless you have express permission from the property owner to do so.
Contracted towing companies, not the Police Department, are authorized to tow vehicles from most private lots. If you are towed the day of the event, please call Fredericksburg Police Headquarters at 540-373-3122 option #2.
There will be no parking along the parade route and on some adjacent side streets beginning at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the parade. There will be signs in place to indicate the restrictions. The Police Department will have vehicles towed on Saturday afternoon that have not been removed from the street.
8. What streets are going to be closed on the day of the event?
Please refer to the parade map. The streets along the parade route and some adjacent side streets will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 2:00p.m. The roads will remain closed until city maintenance crews finish cleaning the route – all streets are expected to be open by 9 p.m.
9. What is the timeline for parade day street closures?
2:00pm – Streets will close and towing will begin at the parking lot bound by Sophia St., Frederick St., & Caroline St.
3:00pm – Towing begins on the rest of the parade route where no parking signs/towing posted. See the parade map for street and lot closings.
3:30pm-4:45pm Parade participants start arriving at their designated time slots. See the parade map for street/lot closings.
10. Where are restrooms along the parade route?
There will be portable restrooms at various locations around the parade route. The permanent facilities will be open at the Visitor Center and at City Hall. Refer to the parade map for details.
11. Am I allowed to have alcohol at the event?
Use of alcohol, marijuana (including marijuana-enriched products) and any illegal substances by any and all parade attendees is absolutely prohibited. Parade participants will refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages, marijuana (including marijuana-enriched products) and any illegal substances before and during the parade. Disregarding this rule will result in immediate removal from the parade. Violators will not be allowed to participate in any future City of Fredericksburg parade events.
At the City of Fredericksburg’s discretion, an officer will be coming through the floats checking volunteers, participants, and staff for alcohol, marijuana (including marijuana-enriched products) and any illegal substances – and you will be removed immediately from the parade, without a refund, if an officer needs to perform an alcohol screen.
12. Who were the winning groups?
We will tally up the judges points when the event ends and post the winners on the website the by the following Monday.
13. Who is the main point of contact for the parade? How do I get in touch with them?
Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation and Events Department is the main point of contact for the parade. They can be reached at 540-372-1086 or at [email protected]
Fredericksburg Parks & Recreation is open Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday 9am-4:00pm and closed Saturday and Sunday. Administrative offices have different hours of operation however; the front desk can assist you in person with general questions.