• Parking Lots – Please view the
City Parking Map for 9 downtown parking lots available during the parade:
- 1000 block Sophia Street.
- 800-900 block of Sophia Street, end of George Street
- 700 block of Sophia Street, between Charlotte Street and Hanover Street
- Parking Lot: Intersection of Sophia Street and Charlotte Street
- 400 block of Sophia Street, just south of railroad tracks.
- Behind 904 Princess Anne Street, accessible from Princess Anne and Charles Streets, Mon.- Fri., 6PM-6AM & 24 hours on weekends.
- 1016 Charles Street (corner of Charles and Amelia Streets). Entrances on Charles and Amelia Streets, exits located on Prince Edward and Amelia Streets.
- 410 William St. (Virginia Partners Bank) after 12PM on Saturday (after banking hours).
- 620 William Street
• UMW Parking Lots – Parade visitors are welcome to park in the following University parking lots on Saturday, December 7th between 2pm and 10pm:
- UMW Parking Lot at the corner of William Street and Sunken Road
- UMW Parking Lots in the Battlefield Athletic Complex along 1300 Hanover Street. This includes the NEW lot with 129 spaces located behind the track.
• Street Parking –Street parking is available on a first come, first served basis. If you park on the street, make sure you obey all posted signage and restrictions and do not block any driveways or alleys. Please do not park in any private parking lots unless you have express permission from the property owner to do so.
• Parking Garage– The city parking garage will be available for $2.00 per car.
• Handicap Parking – Designated handicap parking is available in the VRE drop off lot. There are 13 spaces available. Please see parade map for location.
Contracted towing companies, not the Police Department, are authorized to tow vehicles from most private lots. If you are towed the day of the event, please call Fredericksburg Police Headquarters at 540-373-3122 option #2.
There will be no parking along the parade route and on some adjacent side streets beginning at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the parade. There will be signs in place to indicate the restrictions. The Police Department will have vehicles towed at the owners’ expense on Saturday afternoon that have not been removed from the street.